AVIATION MULTIMEDIA STUDIOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation of SP1

2 posters

Go down

Installation of SP1 Empty Installation of SP1

Post  David Nault Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:46 pm

This is funny. I paid for the scenery downloaded it, ran it, played with it.
Service pack says to uninstall the previous scenery before installing the new Scene.
So I get rid of (supposedly), all of the old scenery from everyplace I can find. Download
the new scenery, and it says installation failed because of a previous installation of AMS-Cancun.
I took it out of every scenery file I could find. Even put AMS in the search window, and wouldn't you
know it came up with Texture files I never knew were there. Still no install.....
Suggestions please.........

David

David Nault

Back to top Go down

Installation of SP1 Empty SP1 Problem

Post  Scott Isbell Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:10 am

I too have not been able to install the service pack 1. I tried using the uninstall but received an error. I then went and manually uninstalled it...cleared out the scenery config...deleted every trace I could find in the FS9 directory, but the installer still keeps saying a previous version is installed.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Isbell

Back to top Go down

Installation of SP1 Empty Re: Installation of SP1

Post  David Nault Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:18 am

OK this is what I have found out so far. MS has sent me a file for my Windows Vista, and XP, that will take the last stuff out of the registry.
Thats why we keep getting the error. Probllem is Windows mail determined that the attachment file that MS sent me was suspicious and deleted
the file before I could see it. I emailed MS back and told them to send it again, as I went into Windows tools, and allowed that file to come in.
Man if ain't one thing it's another. I think that they should put that file on this forum or on their web page so that we can download ourselves.
THats the only way we are going to get the file re installed. Lotsa Luck.

David Nault

Back to top Go down

Installation of SP1 Empty Why not an updated installer?

Post  Scott Isbell Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 pm

How about a new installer from the the developer?

Scott Isbell

Back to top Go down

Installation of SP1 Empty files

Post  David Nault Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 am

These guys need to start minding the store. Utilities doesn't work on the webpage at all, plus additional files doesn't work either, at least for me. Still haven't sent the files to wipe out whats left in the registry, or if it's in additional files I can't get to it.

David Nault

Back to top Go down

Installation of SP1 Empty Re: Installation of SP1

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down